View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Empire won\'t believe my hand history file

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks, and I've had the same thing happen where one game is running just fine and another freezes. It's due to the fact that the Party skins use a huge number of individual servers to provide all their games, and between you and these servers are different routers. If you're 4-tabling, the odds that all four tables are on different servers are 100%, and the odds that the network traffic takes different network routes to get from you to each server is pretty much the same. That's WHY it happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just re-read this and realized that it's not really clear. You may not have been disconnected before you timed out, is the point. If there was a surge of traffic on an intermediate (between your client and the server) router, then you would have still be "connected" but unable to communicate. If the condition persisted for 35 seconds, or whatever, and THEN the router crashed due to the overload, well, the server would have folded your hand due to inactivity, and your client would wind up reporting that you got disconnected from the game. So, actually, both versions of the story can be "true."

'Nuff said. Internet poker sucks.