View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Get to showdown more? Prove it.

Well, you're probably running bad over this stretch. That said, the people telling you to increase your SD% and thereby decrease your W$SD are right, even if you still want to argue. I don't remember whose thread it was that examined those stats, but if you muliply them together you should have a number that basically tells you what percent of your total hands you won at showdown.

For example:

.32 x .54 = .1728. 17.28% of the time when you play a hand you get to showdown and win.

How about 36% SD% but only 50% W$SD (which is close to my stats, so this is where I'm getting it from)

.36 x .50 = .18 When I play a hand I take it to showdown and win 18% of the time or so. 0.7% adds up over tens of thousands of hands.

Finally, I can't talk much about the level of the 3/6 game since I've never played below 5/10. However, you must remember that as you move up in levels generally there are going to be more aggressive players. I know this is a gross overgeneralization, but bear with me. Therefore, stats that held up well at lower levels may need to be adjusted for the increased bluffing and thin value betting that occurs - you're going to need to look up people more, because more people are betting their decent but not great hands on the river rather than checking them. People are going to be more likely to fire that last river bet with overcards. You can't fold as much as when you were playing weak, passive players.