View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: QQ facing a weird flop raise

We agree on the fact that he won't fold any Ace. That's why I wouldn't push as well.

If you call the flop and check the turn and he checks behind. What's your plan on the river? The same concept applies that he won't fold an Ace so the only way you're going to win this hand is if you hit a 2-outer. It's not like you can represent you made some type of draw. The only reason why you'd call here is because you think you might be ahead but I can't see him raising any hand that cannot beat you right now.

I was playing similar hands very aggressively over the past few weeks and just realized that you can't put a move on somebody who doesn't understand that they *should* fold, and that when people raise me early in a tourney they can generally be believed. This obviously changes dramatically as I understand a player's betting patterns and as we go deeper in a tournament and I can assume a slightly higher level of skill. But at this stage I've come to the conclusion that it's better to play straight forward, boring poker.