View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Was I out of line/stupid?

Playing at the shooting star in MN the other day, 2-10 spread hold'em. On the button. 3 limpers (one was a calling station), and action to the CO. CO had semi-loose starting requirements, especially in later position, and would raise PF 50% of the time. CO raised to $6. I looked down, found A A. I re-raised $10 making it $14 to the limpers. First 2 limpers fold. The calling station thinks for a moment and pushes what looks $28 (14 $2 chips) into the pot. The dealer tells him he can only raise another $10. He then says he thought the $2 chips were $1 chips and he just wants to call, and the dealer starts moving his 7 extra chips back to his stack.

Now I am in a dilema. First question, once he committed his chips (and it was clear he didn't know what the chip colors meant -- he was very new to the game), am I an a**hole for trying to force him to commit his chips?

Second question, if I try to force the 7 chips back into the pot, the semi-loose original raiser would know I hold a monster (and probably fold). Should I accept the situation and hopefully the original raiser will call (+EV?).

I thought for a second, and told the dealer that those chips should be moved back into the pot. The whole table looked at me like I was an a**hole (see first question). The dealer said no. I called a room manager over, and he sided with the dealer.

Of course, the original raiser folded.

Did I screw this whole thing up?