Thread: Poker Tells
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Poker Tells

[ QUOTE ]
for each topic you brought up there are many subtle subtopics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what he said........

So I'll just tell a little story from lastnight (this morning?) Had some at the table chuckling for a few minutes.

I'm on a short cold run of hole cards and look down at K2s on the button. Whole friggin table limped in, so I do, too. I got distracted and didn't really see the flop. Still distracted, I noticed EP bet, a caller in MP, the rest fold, then action to me. I was reaching for my cards while turning back around, fully intending to fold so I could stand up and talk to the guy behind me. The flop was K22.

Not fully turned around yet, my foot caught the leg of the chair and I "jerked" in my chair. At the same time I was reaching for chips, knocked over two stacks, grabbed a pile of them and said, in as calm a voice as I could muster at the moment, "Raise."

The table laughed (most of us are regulars, so it was not embarrassing) and the two guys in the pot folded while laughing saying they can't beat trip deuces. I showed the 2, then the K, and they all erupted in laughter while saying I really need to work on my tells. It was a hoot.

Onaflag..........