View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: GF drug use poll/question/help

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's neither a big deal, nor your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that its none of his business in this specific instance, or in every instance?

If one of your girlfriend's friends told you she used to be a prostitute and then you asked her about it, would you really be ok with her saying that it was none of your business?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I might *want* to know, doesn't make it any of my business.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're way off on this one clark. that "sounds like" a cool perspective to have, but it's just not practical.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing cool about it though. It's IMO just a very obvious thing. Unless they have a communicable disease, I have no *right* to know anything about a S/O's past. Why on earth would I?

Like I said, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to know, might benefit from knowing, or shouldn't know. But to suggest that one has a *right* to know about someone's personal past, that to me is absurd. It's totally their call what they choose to share.

Besides, I don't know what's impractical about it - it's not like you can force someone to divulge everything in their past you might want to know. To the contrary, I think it's impractical to want or expect someone to share every secret from their personal history with you in case you might now disapprove.