View Single Post
Old 08-10-2003, 04:30 AM

Default Re: One table SNG--the Royal DRAW.

i have no idea why you would raise that much on AJo preflop. this is a terrible no-limit hand, especially if a raise of that size is called. i would much rather make this play with 72o, because then i won't be inclined to stay in the hand if i flop just enough to suck me in.

your correct play on the turn is debatable. if you do decide to bet, it is difficult to pick an amount that looks natural. also, the most likely hand he has to call your big flop bet is something with the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which would now give him a broadway straight. i think i would have taken a free card here, but i'm very unpredictable at the table.

on the river, your correct play depends a lot on how the opponent plays. i know plenty of players who will always bet small when they want a call, such as here, and make a larger bet when they're bluffing. others will try to maximize their bets whenever they have a big hand, and bet small to get better odds on any bluffs. without any prior knowledge, i would be inclined to fold (because i think he has the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]), but your 3:1 pot odds make it a possible call.