View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Friends colluding

[ QUOTE ]
I dont blame you for not turning them in. It is truly a shame that these individuals can't resist from cheating. It is no different than walking into senior citizens home and robbing them. I would bet these individuals could resist stealing in that case. The internet seems to make it o.k. for these guys, because they are not risking their future or possible incarceration. For some people it is not the act of doing wrong that plagues their consience. It is the fear of the penalties that arise from these acts. That is what governs their consience. The penalty for cheating online poker is probably not severe enough to affect their consience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Another factor is that online poker by it's nature seems to make people lose track of the value of money. Bear in mind, I'm not trying to justify their actions by any means, but I am trying to think of reasons why otherwise decent human beings would take part in such an abhorrent act.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that they have even shared this with you, shows that their conscience is probably bothering them somewhat, because they wanted to judge the severity of their actions by your response when they shared this with you. They wouldn't admit this, but it is probably the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. This isn't the case. The one who told me about, who is admittedly kind of a scumbag, seemed to be fairly proud of it.

[ QUOTE ]
The best thing you could of done is ripped their asses apart when they told you. You should've been red faced spit frothing freaking out on them. Besides that, if you value your relationship with these individuals, ratting them out is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

(16:38:44) P: [censored] off
(16:39:27) P: you guys are assholes, and i can only hope that you are reported and your accounts frozen
(16:39:30) P: now go die

I haven't spoken to them since.

-Phoenix