View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: 300BB downswings are not normal. PERIOD!

I agree with you and zee. A 300 big bet downswing is just about unheard of to a very good player with a nice edge. Unfortunately, even a very good player can suffer a significant loss of edge online. This does NOT have to be due to tilt, as you say, but very likely due to multiple tabling and such. So your post as it about 3/4 right.

For the record, I have never came close to losing 300 big bets in a live game. I came very close when I first started playing online, but I acknowledge my game needed many adjustments. Since I've made these adjustments I've been doing very well. Still, I went on a 185 big bet slide thru 2500 hands in the Party 30 game. Was my game off? Probably.. But I was playing the best I could muster at the time. Tilt was not much of a factor if at all.

This doesn't mean zee is wrong. In fact, it proves him right. But we who play online, must accept that our edge is considerably less than at live play. So bigger swings are to be expected. All we can do is play our best and try to adjust and improve. I'm sure if I wasn't 4-tabling a 30-60 that takes my total concentration to do my best, I wouldn't have lost so much during that time. But the fact remains, I'm still doing quite well in the game and I'm just going to have to live with the bigger swings.