View Single Post
Old 08-13-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Friends colluding

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way in hell I'd turn them in. Though we're not very close I consider at least one of them to be a pretty good friend. Loyalty supercedes do-gooding. I suppose my OP was pointless, there's not really much I can do. It is a rather upsetting situation though.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should look in the mirror and decide why you want to be "pretty good friends" with a friggin cheater.

I think that says something about you thats not very flattering

If he cheats at poker like this, he probably cheats on his girlfriend / wife and who knows what else. Dont be surprised if some money dissapears from your wallet when youre not looking.
I think that says something about you thats not very flattering.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily so black and white. Don't get me wrong, I think his friends are scumbags for stealing from people. But, lets say you grew up with a guy since you were a kid and as the years went on he started dealing drugs. Would you really turn him in (we will say for this argument that you knew for a fact he was selling only to college kids and older)? I mean there are strong bonds felt between close friends that sometimes won't be broken even when the friend does scummy things. I think he should try to attempt to talk his friends out of it. But, if he is close with one of the guys, it would be pretty tough to rat on him. I know I would have a hard time doing it, and I consider myself a fairly moral person.

craig