View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Beginner multi table question

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I've been playing two tables and doing quite well. My play has actually gotten better and my winrate has definitely improved, whether I play one table or multiple tables. I'm working on three tables by just watching the third one right now....got to get a monitor with higher res so I can do away with the overlap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you get excited about multi-tabling, realize that you cannot play enough hands in six days for any change in winrate to be signifigant statistically.

In fact, you'll probably only hit a signifigant number of hands for determing winrate in a reasonable amount of time by multi-tabling.

I was eager to jump up to multi-tabling, once I got the basics down, and added table after table. Eventually, I was playing eight tables with:

-Only statistical reads.
-No note taking.
-Compounded mistakes due to frequency.
-No table selection.

Realize that with each table you add, you'll be doing more of what I describe above and less:

-Reading players' hands.
-Taking notes.
-Taking the time to find good tables.
-Avoiding mistakes with careful consideration.

Not that there's inherently anything wrong with multi-tabling, but for a beginner it forms some bad habits that are incredibly tough to break, and are plain bad at higher limits.