View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: PF decision with KK88ds

Even the best AAxx cannot be much more than a 2-1 favorite over virtually any other hand in omaha headsup. You have an extremely strong hand with two pairs that can hit sets and two flush draws. Obviously you shouldn't reraise suspected aces but you should call with 2-1 odds on your money and then go from there. When you hit your set, especially if there are any draws present, lots of players cannot lay down AA and you will double off them. Unless I had to put more than 1/3 of my stack in preflop, and maybe not even then, I am going to see a flop with that hand every time. If all you hit is a flush draw, and you are only getting 2-1 odds on the flop, then you probably should fold unless against a known lag who reraises with lots of hands. Also, if one of those situations, that sometimes occurs at the lower plo limits, where it looks like 3+ other players beside yourself are going to go allin preflop with stacks that at least equal yours, then I might even be willing to do so myself with this hand so as to see all 5 board cards, though I would prefer to do so only with the second pair being closer to the K so as to also have some straight possibilities.