View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 03:36 PM

Default PF decision with KK88ds

Here's one that got me thinking about a possible scenario like Cezar's post from earlier today here before I read it.

Cezar's post

At the time I wasn't sure how best to proceed with the hand. Certainly I wanted to call if I could see the flop against the one likely AA, but I wasn't sure whether I should be prepared for a 3 way all-in coup.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (10 handed) converter

UTG ($35.05)
UTG+1 ($25.48)
UTG+2 ($18.65)
MP1 ($31.87)
Hero ($30.85)
MP3 ($24.75)
CO ($15.30)
Button ($35.82)
SB ($22.68)
BB ($24.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $0.85</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2.9</font>, Hero ....

Pretty sure a re-raise here is no good cause I really don't want to get it heads up all-in with just the person that is likely to have AAxx. Original raiser here was loose enough with raises that he wasn'e marked with AAxx.

Folding here would seem really weak cause if I get an all in coup with at least 4 players then my equity would be really great so I am not too worried about those left to act and I have a good AAxx busting hand.

So before I call I am trying to figure what how to proceed with this hand when:

1) Original raiser re-raises it and other player folds

Do I then fold this?

2) Original raiser re-raises and other player pushes.

Will be getting at least 2:1, so is that worth a 3 way coup?

Then how about if it we were to see a flop 3 handed. Obviously with an A on the flop I can fold and feel pretty good. How about when I get one of my flush draws, but no set and it goes check, pot bet? I've got possibly 13 outs to set up or flush, but don't know if I'm drawing to the second best flush. Safe to fold here?

How about when I get the mid/bottom set with the 8's on either a two flush (not my suit) or rainbow flop and it goes check/pot bet? Here I'm probably good against PF re-raiser but I have the original raiser there possibly waiting to check/raise. Should I push here even with UTG+1 left to act?

This hand got me thinking about a lot of things and I'd like to hear what others think.