Thread: PLO8 Hand 2
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: PLO8 Hand 2

[ QUOTE ]
I think the point is that a good (or simply aggressive) player will often do one of two things on the flop, given he knows you'll make this raise with all sorts of AA hands:

1) Fold
2) Reraise pot

#2 is very difficult, and you are at a distinct disadvantage. Your opponent knows the meat of your hand, and may put in that big raise with low draw air, some high+low potential, or simply a much better hand. You will make the wrong decision a significant portion of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

His reraising of the pot on the flop can only legitimately come from a "better hand" since he only knows 2 cards of my hand. Reraising as an underdog with nothing more than a big low draw wont work as me holding a deuce or trey to go with my AA destroys his odds savagely. The mere fact that I don't hold a low means I'm only slight favourite and one could claim if he reraised I may fold putting his value over 50%. But because I believe he can only reraise with a very strong hand due to the unknown factors of the other 2 cards in my hand, it makes folding very easy to a reraise, especially because he knows I will gamble, he will only reraise with hands that give him a nice edge.