View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Stuck between two AAxx

I remember reading somewhere (I think it was "How good is your PLO") that when you are stuck between two AAxx hands re-raising each other, sometimes it makes sense to tag along. The aces are likely to split, and they are blocking each others set outs, so a decent non-AA hand just might end up with greater then 33% chance to scoop a three-way pot. What do you think of this, and what kind of hands would you play in this position ?

In the hand I played today, I had KK99 doublesuited. After two players made it very clear that they have AAxx, I figured my hand just might be good enough for this scenario.
Long story short, my stack was carved between the Aces.

In post-mortem, two of my set outs were dead, as well as one flush draw. I played around with Card player's Omaha calculator. In this particular set up I was looking at 27.51% chance to win. I then played around with different kickers the AAxx hands could've had. Having 3 set outs live, I would just edge into +EV with 36% chance to win. In the (unlikely) optimum scenario of having 4 set outs and both flush draws, I was looking at 48%.

What are your thoughts on the subject ?

P.S. Both opponents had singlesuited aces. Can someone help me figure out the math ? Assuming random two cards with AAxx, what are the chances my set/flush draws are live ?