View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Push crap or wait a hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Big stack is getting 2.5:1. I think that's good enough to put his range on any 2.

SB would be a real moron for folding AJ or 77 against your very wide range when he/she has only 3x BB and can play against the real shortie.

I am too tight here, but I am very confident that folding this is correct, especially considering your FE is nil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point. So just taking 35o vs a random hand, 64% of the time, you will lose to the BB. Plus, there's the times that SB decides to call.

Granted, there is an extremely small chance that BB won't call. Or he may call and you double up.

But by doing this, roughly 2/3 times you will finish OOTM right then and there. Plus, there are the times that you fold and one of the other 3 shortstacks makes a move and busts. That never seems to be taken into account, and I don't know why since the possibility is very real in this situation.

If I'm the SB, I'm happier than a pig in [censored] that there is a 2+2 pushmonkey Button who is willing to let me fold ITM by pushing here.