View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Tough/Interesting Bubble situation

I think it's a call. 1st off i think his range is quite wide (as in any A, any K, any pair, any 2 broadway, maybe worse hands like Q9suited) because he realizes he's going to have to play either this hand or the next hand for all his chips (the blinds don't raise for a while still) because if he folds his next BB he's in deep shite. Hero's hand is a favorite against this ROH, but luckily for Hero anyone of the likely 3 others in the pot can win as long as it's not villain and he'll be fine. The danger with folding here is the 2 big stacks that call might not have as strong a hand as you, you may even have villain dominated. And if Villain doesn't lose this hand you're in deep trouble and will have to play for all your chips in the next 3-4 deals with likely a worse hand and likely in the same situation villain is in now (having to defeat 3 or more opponents). Making him have to beat out 3 hands (one fairly strong) rather than 2 (which may both be weak) is your best shot. I think this is both hero's and Villain's last stand only Hero is in the favorable situation of not caring which hand wins as long as it's not villains, and whether he calls or folds he's going to be in approximately just as much trouble either way if Villain wins IMO.

Obviously if hero has 1 chip less than villain folding and praying is a no-brainer.

How would it change your answer if you knew his hole cards? If you know villain has AX (X <8) and that 2 random hands behind will call I would think you would certainly call. What if you know it's KQ and 2 random hands behind will call? QQ? 22? AT-AK?