View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Would you vote for Hillary Clinton as President ?

After reading your response, and reading my post, it would seem that I am being chauvinistic about this...I'm not. I agree that female voters are sophisticated, certainly some of them more than male voters.

But, bear in mind that this country elected a man who essentially played to the fact that he was a very strong Christian. Many more newfound evangelical Christians voted for George W. Bush for this very reason, citing him as a man of values, etc(look at BGC's location if you need further proof).

I am not speaking to the sophistication of individual voters. I am speaking about mob mentality, which voters tend to have. That's where the value of having so many public opinion polls lies: the more people are said to support a candidate, the more people will actually support him.

As to specific tactics of Hillary Clinton, I don't know. I would think something along the lines of her being a "woman's woman" or something to that effect, i.e. she's the only "responsible" choice a woman can make.

Voters show time and again that they vote their hearts, and not their heads(how else would FDR get elected four times, other than portraying himself as the guiding light to steer America out of the Great Depression, when WWII did that as much as the New Deal). This discrepancy is one reason it is very stressful being a libertarian, as implied by another thread. We are a mind-based party in a heart-based world.

Wow...I've been at work all day, and getting off topic.