View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Jacks Played Poorly--Any Help?

[ QUOTE ]
I checked pre-flop because of all the callers (with likely overcards) and the fact that I was out of position. Usually this is a raise for me (and trust me, I am not a weak player), but I had just read something saying that with four or more callers, you could try just checking jacks from the BB due to the positional disadvantage.

From there, I wanted to get in a check-raise on the flop, not bet it out due to the fact that I could just be building a pot for flush and/or straight draws. However, mwbeirne's raise on the flop made me suspicious that he might already have the nut straight (or at the very least, a very strong hand, two pair or trips, possibly).

I don't think the rest of the hand was worth going into calldown mode, especially with the jack high flush draw (against a likely made hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

against good postflop players at higher limits checking JJ can be a good play in the blinds .. at .5/1 its an super easy value raise

and yes you are weak, and suffer from MUBS

tell me who you were planning on Check/raising on this flop??

just to give you an idea of JJ strength if its 3handed and all3overcards are out, and 2flusdraws, you still hold your own, if they have shared overcards(both have an A) you have a solid edge

JJ is the 4th/5th best HE hand period