View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Most sngs played in a month???

[ QUOTE ]

I'm will look into this I'm currently going to school right now and I know I want to do something with Business.

[/ QUOTE ]

If finance truly interests you, go for it. If it doesn't, find something else to do with your life. The money is crazy but the bulk of the industry is made up of arrogant f*cks, the hours are long, you have to wear suits every day, the work can get pretty tedious, and its one of the more shallow career options out there. If you're an intelligent, driven person you're going to make decent coin no matter what path you choose, so pick something you enjoy.

That's coming from someone that doesn't even mind his job all that much (buy side equity research, math econ background). I just see so many intelligent guys that enter the industry and get trapped by the money/success, failing to realize that they'd probably be equally "successful" in whatever they chose to do.

BTW Hornacek is right. I-banking is sick sick coin ($1m is def possible 5 years in) but it sucks the soul right out of you.