View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Help my golf game

Hi, Do Not aim more to the left and do no move the ball forward,

Aiming left will just make the swing plane worse and and the slice larger.

The reason people have said to move the ball forward in your stance is because it will give the clubface more time to correct (close before impact). However, I would not give this advice to someone who is not a VERY solid player who has very little movement in his swing (and an inside out path). When recreational players move the ball forward they end up with a more out in path and end up lunging(sp?) forward at the ball.

I would actually advise you to move tha ball BACK in your stance. This will probably improve your path and will create impact as the clubface closes naturally (notice the ball stays on the clubface for a while, so you want the face to first contact the ball slightly open and then close while the ball is still on it). Moving the ball back will also imporve ball contact(more vertical) and will help you gain that much needed distance.

As a final thought, think of it like this. When the ball is forward in your stance, your axis tilts foward, making the natural plane more outside in. The opposite happens when you move the ball back. You want to be inside out right now, so move the ball BACK. It'll feel weird and less free at first, but try hitting a full bucket of balls before making up your mind.

Hope this helps.
Ed