View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 98o in BB, top pair on ragged flop, crazy action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Standard fold.

On this board I am definitely not leading out because you will be called with all kinds of overcards trash, so you have no protection potential. You're likely ahead but dodging all the overcards you are not likely to have that great an equity edge if you can't cut down the field somewhat. I'm checking with the hope of raising a late position bet, folding to a bet and a raise, and calling and reevaluating against a bet and several callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need all that much protection on this board. Betting is fine. As is folding to the raise.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Facing the field with two cold in what would be an 8 bet pot would be very nice; I don't want to allow profitable overcard calls on the flop if I can avoid it. I think check-and-see is much better here. A couple of other things to consider:

-What are you planning on doing if raised in this pot? Check-folding the turn? Three-betting?
-Checking the flop I think gives us much greater control of the hand on later streets by allowing a field-limiting check-raise or allowing for different options on the turn.