View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: jennicide returns!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone suggested once he is Barry Greenstein but I really don't think so. Anyone know who this guy is. Never seems to lose at the Stars 100/200.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCount is one of the more famous internet poker players on the planet, most notably for his HU play and contributions to the University of Alberta's (might be wrong but it was some Canadian university) HU bot.

As for his actual poker game, I've seen him do a lot of weird unorthodox things lately. I have no idea if he's winning but I cannot imagine a lot of his moves are +EV (preflop in particular in 5+ handed settings). He plays postflop very well, is a good hand reader, and generally plays more passive (esp out of position) than most people at 100/200.

His name is Gautam Rao and this is a picture of him:

If you wanna know more about him for some odd reason you can PM skp and he might be willing to tell you more; I'm pretty sure I recall skp saying he's played with thecount live and thecount always did very well in their games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a radio interview with him....some say he has won the most money online of any player going back to the Planet Poker days when internet poker was just starting up. Just follow the link and click on Part 2 midway down.

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/poker/Press/cbc1.html