View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 03:50 PM

Default advice about picking a new poker site

I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing at work this afternoon, thus I am thinking of more important issues like what new poker site (if any) to sign up for.

Here's the situation: I'm a recreational player (1000-4000 hands/month), mostly play limit (2-4 tables, full or shorthanded, usually 2/4 or 3/6 but will play from .5/1 to 5/10 depending on my mood), like to play PLO, NLHE, SNGs, and MTTs from time to time.

I currently have accounts at Party, UB, and Pacific. Party and UB are both fine and I'm sure I'll keep playing there; I could forget about Pacific if I found more appealing options (which shouldn't be hard).

So, I am considering signing up for 1 or 2 more sites primarily to (1) have more MTT options since I have to play whatever is available when I have the time (there are usually only 3 or 4 times a month when I have the time) and (2) benefit from any bonuses or other various and sundry rewards offered by different sites.

I've done some reseach on a few sites and have come up with the following list of likely options. Any feedback on these sites (or others that seem appropriate) would be appreciated.