View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Can YOU get away from this hand?

I hate to reply with another question, but I personally hate these hands, and wonder what to do myself?

But, here is how I look at it. Push? Okay, everyone is folding except someone holding one of the two remaining tens, which your down to the 2 remaining jacks on the turn or the river to not bust.

Check? With an agressive player yet to act he's probably going to bet, and the conservative players are going to check in fear of someone holding the tens.

Bet? My least favorite. Aggressive player comes over the top and your left with a hard decision.

So your left with push or check.

Or you can try what sometimes works for me. The check raise all in, and this is why I like it.

You check, conservative players check, and agressive player bets large amount. Well, why is he betting...to steal the pot. He probably doesn't have the ten. You go all in he folds, and you take down the pot.

Other possibility same situation. You check, and so does everyone else. Hmmmm aggressive player slow playing. You get a free turn....hit a jack...perhaps. You might even see the river for free, or once again aggresive player thinks its time to steal the pot and your left with a hard decision.

Which is really the right decision? Push or check raise all in. Thats the question. Hope I helped and gave you another option.

Side Note. The check raise all in might leave aggressive player pot commited and he may call, but not if he believes your check raising with the ten. This has worked well for me a few times, and burned me as well. That's poker