Default Re: JT95ds hand (Poll)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$100 PL Omaha - 9 handed

Hero BB ( $121.05 )
Villain1 EP2 ( $98.45 )

Villain2 MP3 ( $108.35 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt Hero [ 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
EP1 calls [$1, Villain1 calls [$1], 2 folds, Villain2 calls [$1], folded to SB, SB calls [$0.50], Hero checks.

** Dealing Flop ** ($5) [ 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...did the small blind open fold or someting because I think what we do is certainly partially contingent on what he does.

That being said, assuming SB just checks I go for check/call

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would do the same. This is a hand that I would want to keep the pot small and get free draws. Here is my thinking, though I am new to PLO so if I am wrong, flame away.

There are only 3 real outs (any nine) to the nuts and 2 of those outs would be vunerable to the nut flush and 2nd flush, of course if you hit the 9 of spades your really want the nut flush to be out there. If a Ten or a Jack hit you may be only 2nd best (as many folks play with Ace and high cards) and if an Ace hits you may have a split.

The problem I see with this hand is the position, with 2 folks behind and the SB. If you bet, EP2 calls, MP3 raises pot, SB folds what would you do? if MP3 has a set of Kings or Queens with no flush/straight draws you can call cause your straigt or flush will win, but what if you call and EP2 calls? EP2 could have a nut flush and straight draw and you would be drawing for the 9 of spades.

I would probably lead out if only one player was behind me and the SB limped. If I had set of Kings or Queens or at least outs to the Ace high flush I would probably lead out. Anyways, that's my line of thinking, though I haven't played enough hands to see if I am actually thinking correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
G$
EDIT* Sorry - I just saw Carol's post above, who must have posted it while I was drafting my post. At least I'm not the only one thinking along these lines !