View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: a common situation i may be misplaying

I've thought about the flop raise. Why would we want to raise the flop here? UTG+2 probably doesn't have low cards since he limped in EP. Unless he has a pair or a flush draw he needs a runner runner to win and he's not folding a flush draw. We don't need to raise to protect our hand since he would make a mistake by calling by almost all hands we put him on. If he has specifically AJ or AQ, will fold a raise AND SB doesn't have AK we gain with a raise.

I like just calling this down. If we raise the flop it is so we can find out where we stand and fold if 3-bet.

I'm pretty sure he's not on a flush draw. Of all the flush draws he could have, he would probably only raise K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or maybe Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] preflop. The donkbet looks more like he puts you on a flush draw. So it's just a question if you think he is betting TT-KK or AK-AQ. He'll do this with pockets at least 25 % of the time so I think you should call down.