View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:26 PM

Default B&M: Telling Mr. Helpful to shut up

I play a weekly tournament that is fulled to the brim with guys who think they are poker gods among men. It's kinda funny, and some of the stupid things I overhear there are the funniest around.

A regular there that I've played against several times has on numerous times f'ed up a game because of his comments. On one occasion he encouraged a call against an all-in and I watched him almost get punched. He's arrogant and has something to say about any cards you show. In the tourny last night his comments finally affected me directly. I was all in and itching for a call, and when the betting came around to him, he folds. The player next to him, a loose player I was hoping would call...asks me what I have. Mr. Here-let-me-help pipes up with "Oh Sharon hasn't bet all night, and I know her....she doesn't raise unless shes got the goods!". I thought I handled the situation nicely through my blinding rage, but this twerp needs to be shut up. Any suggestions from experienced 2+2ers? I would like to be neutral about it and all I can think of os threats. lol. This needs to stop. Thanks for reading.