View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Playing on Autopilot

I think this is a great subject to bring up. I was thinking of posting on the exact same thing. I have recently moved up in stakes but found that I don't win while autopiloting. I have reduced my tables from 4-5 to 2-3. I use PT & GT+ but am now trying to get my own reads. I used to have to check hand histories to know how action went in big hands I wasn't involved with, now I try to watch how every hand goes down. I turn off the TV, don't surf the web and I feel like a new player.

If you are trying to get better, but find you get bored with just a couple tables, you need to change something. I might advise playing 2 tables at the next level up for you. The stakes are higher so maybe that will be motivation to play A+ poker. Also, when I get bored at a table I start to play a game: try to guess everyone's hand before they showdown. The closer you are the better you do in the "game" and if you ever guess a hand correctly, give yourself a prize or something. It helps me pay attention sometimes.

JKratzer