View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Here we go again...

On my last post I posted that online poker is not the same as playing with "real" cards. I was amazed to see a straight flush beat another straight flush.

I thought that was amazing but I was playing yesterday (very important: there were only four of us on the table.) I had A 7 suited clubs. The flop comes up K J 9 of clubs. One of the other four players goes all in. I call. A third player on the table calls. The person who intiated the all in had 8 3 suited clubs. The other person had a Q of clubs. He hit the 10 of clubs on the river to give him a straight flush.

But don't feel sorry for me. Still just four at the table a few minutes later I hit my Royal Flush.

I'm not putting down on line sites. In fact I love playing on them. They are very beatable. I am up over $300 this week playing No-Limit .25/.50.

I play a game with "real" cards about twice a week and online about every day. Online is more accelerated. You have to be ready to fold hands that you would never consider folding when playing with "real" cards.

Okay, your turn. Start telling me how wrong I am and that playing on line is exactly like playing with "real" cards.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]