View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: couple of newbie NL ?\'s

[ QUOTE ]

3) I look for people that see lots of flops. Also anyone on your auto-rate that is a calling station is great. Anyone you play against that calls pot sized bets on draws is also very good to buddy list. Lots of people will call al $3 flop bet but the ones that call the $20 turn bets are the ones i'm referring to. People that are tight, but can't fold top pair are also worth playing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are pretty good. In general I think it would be harder to buddy list someone in NL just based on stats alone (though I don't play much limit) since many styles can win especially in the short-handed games. Post flop agression can be misleading because they might always be min-betting etc. There are of course some exceptions like crazy high VP$IP of 75+ that see lots of show downs.

To add to djoyce a really helpful one for me is to identify the people that not only play too-many hands, but are total tell-bag's from their bets. Some people bet weak with weak hands and strong with strong or vice versa and are really consistent. I buddy list these and take notes on their tendencies.