View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Default couple of newbie NL ?\'s

OK, been playing limit ($1-$2 to $3-$6 6max) for the last couple of years, mixing in a few tournies (for fun). Lately I have been dabling in the party $100 NL games. I notice from my poker journal that I am winning about 80% of my NL sessions, compared to 55% of my limit sessions (+1.8bb/100 at limit with a large sample size).
(ps my sessions are generally about 300-500 hands on avg., and I might play 1-5 sessions a day... I dont play as much as alot of players)

so

#1 Is this normal? or is my sample size just to small. I have read that some of the best winning cash game NL players win 80-90% of thier sessions, so it seems like this may be a way for me to limit fluctuation, even a the cost of giving some profit away for now since I am more proficient at limit.

#2. using poker tracker, my winrate in BB/100, is that big blinds, or doubling the big blind for a big bet like limit? (sorry for not using the search for this, or doing the math, as I am sure its there, but I gotta run in a sec and thought someone would be nice since this isnt the zoo....zing!).

#3. if I data mine, what sort of numbers do you guys look for in buddy listing players? (with limit I would data mine, then look for LPP...but I have seen some players who are real loose, but play well enough post flop that I would be better off finding another fish, and have run accross a few that see ALOT of flops, yet avoid alot of trouble real well.

Thanks
gotta run

later