View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 10:10 AM

Default I\'ll just chime in to say that

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your blind play win rates are virtually worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I'll certainly agree that without simulation software, it's almost impossible to evaluate the EV of any particular hand in any particular position with any degree of certainty. Thus, winrate's by position are very difficult to evaluate without a huge number of overall hands.

With this said, I can only speak to my results and they certainly improved by specifically playing more hands from the SB. Dumb luck? Maybe. All I know is that myself, Peter_rus, Grisgra, and others have done very well in the blinds by incorporating this preflop strategy. Of course postflop play is important, but with any adequate postflop play I be MANY persons could greatly improve their winrate by taking this advice. Just something to think about.

___1___

[/ QUOTE ]

___1___ is absolutely right. Lucky for me I was always loosey-goosey in the blinds, I just had to learn to play them right (e.g., learn when to bluff at the flop and when to back off. Combination of flop texture and the players you're up against, of course.)

And in response to another poster -- complete 97o after one limper? In a heartbeat. There's not even a discussion worth having on that one.

EDIT: Apparently, I've already chimed in . . . thought this was a new thread, but apparently not [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].