View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Tough Laydown......at least I think it was

I'm honestly not sure if I'd lay it down or not - probably not - but I don't have the reads you do...

he's going all in vs a guy who has him covered - so that would imply he's got something - but it's also a raise to what was only a mini raise -(or doubling the pot, in essence) - and if he was a TLB player, that means he has an aggressive style that probably allows him to pick up uncontested pots - meaning he doesn't want a contest lots of the time he's raising - LOL - and he ain't in great shape for chips either, neither of you can compare to the chip leader...

I think you're ahead of one of them and flipping a coin on the other, real helpful, I know..

seeing as you have about 11 times the BB, I'd call the push and pray it ain't AA or KK - if it's QQ and TT, you still need the same 6 cards to hit - and I'd put my faith in that Pokerstars luck that puts A's and K's on the board -

it's a matter of making the money vs. getting a shot to win it - if the blinds were smaller, or your stack was bigger I'd say no, but at 11 times the BB, I'll usually call

or has Harrington says, you have an M of 6.2 - (15000 chips / 2475 in each pot) - which is low Orange Zone, which is dangerous....and you have the third best hand in holdem.... - if not now, you have maybe 20 more hands to get one - - I'd make my stand now...

did you make the money? and did the big stack call the reraise or fold?

RB