View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: 100% standard AJ raptor hand from sb.. in the 55s at least..

The idea of any post should be to generate discussion, right Raptor?

But if you are just going to berate all your critics and remind them that you've played more SNGs than many of them put together, then why bother posting?

Personally, I find this hand quite interesting; your stance, however, is overly one-sided.

Irieguy's response about that "better spot" being a chance to push T8s 5-handed is more correct than you seem to think. cEV and $EV in level 1 are pretty close.... this idea of waiting for a better spot is negated by the fact that acquiring a big stack GIVES you the opportunity to exploit those better spots. Need I link to a Gigabet post?

Bad position? Meh. You're still getting generous odds to call here, and based on this opponent's betting pattern, he isn't going to pot a blank river with A3 and put you to a difficult decision. If he does have a weak ace, he'll either check behind or put in another 1/4-1/3 pot bet.

I know that both you and I like to play more than 8 tables at once. Even though you had a "feeling" you were beat here, how reliable could your read be with so many tables open?

Furthermore (and maybe I am wrong on this point), you imply that this play was made partly for information. But will you realistically be able to apply any of this information on the bubble? I see two major reasons why you won't be able to:
<ul type="square">[*]You have too many tables open to remember which opponent limped with 76o in level 1 and called small bets to river a miracle straight[*]You can infer very little about how your opponents play the later levels (where you say your edge is greatest) from their level 1 play. Yes, they're fish, but are they the type of fish who tighten up late in an effort to sneak into the money, or the type who spite call you on the bubble with T9o? There's a major difference between these two types of players, and the information you just paid for does not help if there's no way to apply it. Heck, you could have used Poker Prophecy to measure how fishy your opponents are.[/list]
I'd love to hear back from you; I know you are a huge winner but your posts reek of complacency, which is a dangerous thing.