View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:09 AM

Default 30/60 button steal - good spot to mix it up?

Read on villain is an okay, aggressive player who's probably not very tricky postflop and doesn't see me as tricky at all.

This is one of those rare spots where I'm occasionally checking behind, especially if I think villain will autobet the turn.

I felt that the villain would lead out on the turn with almost anything, and planned to call any non-club river UI.

I considered raising (or folding) the turn, but since I thought villain would autofire any river (and I believed that villain was thinking "he checked the flop. he's very weak (especially if I don't raise on the turn), he's very likely to fold to a river bet"), I thought calling was the way to go.

If this isn't a good spot to not bet the flop given the PF action, then when is it? (if ever?)

Party Poker (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets. Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets. Hero calls.

Final Pot: