View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Any books that cover 5 card draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Or any good sites\posts that I can look at?

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite not being played commonly any more, there are *lots* of books with good draw information.

Mason's book has probably the best information on the game between two covers. Warning, though, this is a tough book to read. I'm sure it would be a candidate for a rewrite if there were much of a market for it any more.

As another poster said, Caro's draw information from SS1 is quite good.

I like what Zadeh has to say about draw in his "Winning Poker Systems" (Out of print, but not hard to find. New copies still exist on the shelves of the Gambler's General Store in LV and probably at the Gambler's Book Club.)

It doesn't make a good primary text, but if you're serious about draw you'll really want to track down Fox's "Play Poker, Quit Work, and Sleep 'Til Noon." Again, it's available used or at the above two sources.

The best book on poker and game theory, a topic often discussed in this forum, focuses on draw: "Poker Strategy: Winning With Game Theory" by Ankeny. This is math-heavy and, again, probably not a good choice for a primary choice.

There are bunches of others that are pretty good. Besides this, since draw has only two betting rounds, it's not that complex. Consequently, studying these or other quality sources should give a player a leg up in this game in short order.