View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: TPA to TAA - help me with PFR\'s

Although raising the same amount appears to be a very good idea, truth is, most donks aren't paying attention.

My general rule is 7xSB(BB*number of limpers). I guess that's a pot sized raise. With 5 limpers, obviously your raise needs to be a little more significant than it does with 1 limper. 4xBB doesn't go far with 7 people already in.

I'll adjust this slightly based on table conditions and position, but I find this to work very well for the most part.

QQ/AK/AQ are hands I tend to raise a little more than that because I'm completely happy to take it down now. KK/AA are hands that I tend to raise a little less with because I probably want 1 or 2 callers. TT and JJ are nice because it doesn't really matter-- if you get 3-4 callers, just draw to your set and play a weak overpair cautiously.

Also, I'd open up your preflop raising standards a bit. UTG, it's ok to limp JJ/AK/TT/AQ... but in MP3,CO, and Button, there's no reason not to raise 88/99/KQ/KJ/QJs/AJ/ATs. These hands are very easy to play with momentum preflop, and position.