Thread: Am i too good?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Am i too good?

[ QUOTE ]
well... i consider like 200 live sessions a little more than a few, I cant really put this one kid on a type, he can raise with anything in the blinds or out of postion but then he plays monsters the same way, also i cant get a good tell on him, most of the other plays are straight forward but I lose big pots on outdraws in multi-way pots some popular maniac tells would be good, it seems like once i lose a big pot early i cant ever recover even if i buy back in ?

[/ QUOTE ]

200 sesions is not statistically significant to determine if your lucky or good. After 100,000 hands if you are making money it is safe to assume you have it figured out. The kid that you can't figure is what you want to be.

Maybe a little tighter, but if you play every hand agressively no one will be able to put you on a hand, which is a major advantage in NL (not so much in limit).

I suggest posting specific hands where you have been outdrawn in the appropriate forum and get some analysis of your play. Are you too passive with monsters? Do you make draws overpay to catch?

As for tells, every person is different. You just have to study betting patterns and mannerisms and use position to your advantage. Caro's book is good and easy reading. Good luck in the future.