View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: one i didn\'t like....

Results:

looking back at the board i think either the diamonds were hearts or the clubs were hearts. either way i was shown a whopping Kh4h for an absolute nothing.

i posted this hand for a reason though, how many times have you had a "clear" check fold at limits above 30/60 and done it while being happywith your play? i know ive done it a lot and i think i may be costing myself some money since you see play like this enough from players like this to make a call down worth it. obviously its proportional to pot size but in general pots are usually worth it by this point.

a friend IMed me last night about this hand and the above is exactly what i told him. he could immediately remember one hand where this was the case and was shown (as a bluff or a bet by a worse hand) QT for some garbage hand nothing nothing that got him off his pair. clearly anybody can hold up the "RESULTS ORIENTED" flag and blah blah blah...but just think about those folds...im starting to go over my play to find those hands and see if a call woulda been worth it vs. that type of player.

-Barron