View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 88 vs push, Do I call this?

As always, I may be wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] -- please correct me if so.

First, I would probably raise on the button with 88 and two limpers in the pot (70 percent/30 percent call). It's turbo (which I also think is VERY relevant) and you've almost certainly got the best hand preflop, so you can chase those two who are probably just hoping to hit any two face cards or make them pay to hit the flop. With 150 in the pot, I'd raise it to 250. That way they would have to call another 200 and you'd be in position the rest of the way. If one of them comes over the top of you, then you know one of them has a hand but you won't commit yourself so deeply after the flop without any clue. That's how I'd use the button my advantage.

Post-flop. Well, what do you put your opponent on here? Since he limped it could anything. Having no idea what to make of his raise, I think you played it well post-flop IMHO. A reraise over the size of the pot and then you've got to call his reraise because you have committed yourself to the pot. Your getting about 3 to 1 odds on the call.

I'm guessing he had a higher pocket pair then yours?