View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: New Poker Website

[ QUOTE ]
Great Site! I only play SnG's though. Any chance for them being tracked in the future?

Also:
Even going to Poker Prophecy's website is now a violation of Party Pokers T&C even if thier software isn't on your system.

I'm going to assume that the same rule will apply to yours.
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To tell you the truth, we had a program that was 1-2 weeks away from release that was 10x better than Poker Edge, but then Party Poker starting banning programs. So obviously we're not releasing the software. It was really, really good though. Sort of a mini-PokerTracker + Edge. There were a plethora of statistics. It was not designed to upload logs or any other type of game data from the end-user. A lot of man hours and some investment went into it and then *poof* it was gone. But that's life, it was a risk.

As for this website.. the information is public to anyone who accesses it. Party Poker's new TOS concentrates on unfair advantages and "privacy". There isn't really any unfairness at this point with the information being available to anyone. I guess you could call it the online form of "poker tells". As for privacy, there's no such thing as privacy when any game is publicly available and watchable.

If there were to be any fees at Pokeromics.com, they would be low-cost and would only use the publicly available free data. I can't divulge what any ideas are at this time.

Lastly, I can tell you something else. Based on the data we have collected, we can calculate the rake gained by Party and their skins. It is a HUGE, HUGE number. They're making so much money, it's absurd. It's hard to have any respect for any Poker site when they rake in so much cash and then want to take control of their user's computer usage preferences.

Oh, and to answer your question. No. we have no plans to track Sit n' Go games. Sorry.