Thread: My Poker Bender
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default My Poker Bender

I had a goal for the summer money-wise, and I'm barely halfway there despite running good all summer, because I played like 5 hours a week.

so I'm basically done with work and going on a poker bender. anyone is free to join me. it will extend from Friday, August 12 until Sunday, August 27. if I play on Thursday night after class (9:30) then that counts too. the goal is to play 100 hours of limit hold'em. only 6 tables if 10/20 6-max, and 4 if anything higher.

that's about 6 hours a day.

as a token goal, I'd like to make $30,000 including rakeback, which would land me at my goal for the summer, and play 50,000 hands. I'll give periodic updates and post a bunch of hands I played particularly well, played like [censored], or are just interesting or made me think. that'll be my only posting over that period. I don't think I'll end up playing more than 50 hours but we can all dream, can't we? for live hours, it'll be hours/3. it works out to like 6 hours a day.