Thread: A Random Muse
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: A Random Muse

I can see the point with an ace, but sometimes I can't even tell if the guy was trying to bluff. Like 3 bets on a king high flop, check/call the turn, then betting out the river with a pair of nines!? Is he betting to get a call from a worse hand? Or is he bluffing and trying to get QQ,JJ, or TT to fold? Either way... Now he gets raised and he pays it off!? I don't get it.

If this was just a once in a while occurance or even from just one particular player, fine. But I see this 5 times every session (about 1200 hands). Maybe I should be paying more attention in my live games. Maybe it's happening there as well, but I just don't notice it? Of course a variation of this play is:

Betting a scare card on the end (such as a flush str8, or a paired card). Now he's thinking he won't be missing a bet AND has the added protection of the scare card eliminating the chance for getting raised. But I STILL raise (or other do), and they STILL pay off?! Is it just that it's so much harder to fold online?