View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: More min-raising: now we\'re OOP

sure there's a chance we are beat. He didn't minraise preflop, he just called, right? so maybe he has a set of sixes or sevens and we are facing a garden variety minraise with a set.

Here's why I don't play according to that thinking, though: You say he is a bad player, that he's loose and baffling? We are not crediting this guy with a lot of skills, right? He's maybe new to poker, more money than sense (playing at that level). You have smoked him a couple of times just before this hand. I gotta think if he has you, I mean really has you like a set KNOWS he has you, and on a draw heavy board, he pushes or raises big for revenge (if you call) or to protect his set from the flush.

I wouldn't even have thought of this except for the apparent pattern in his minraises.

But, if you don't trust the pattern, then, yeah, you credit him with two pair or a set and you call the minraise and get to the river as cheap as possible, if you can.

(I also went back and looked at the pot and the stacks and I think pushing a non-diamond turn is way too much. So just a good bet on the turn).