Thread: Eurail Passes?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Eurail Passes?

i went for 2.5 months and got the unlimited 2 month pass. def. worth it. every weekend i could take whatever train i wanted, while guys who got the 10 or 15 day passes had to wait till after 5pm, so they could get the whole next day too. it works on the s-bahn subways in munich to, so i never payed for subway fairs.

IMO ryan air tickets are about as useful as confederate currency. i flew to london from frankfurt instead of taking the train from france (where i was) to london. the chunnel costs like 100 euro's i think. and the flight was 20. easy decision i thought. BUT. it was 20 euros for a damn bus to take us to the random ass airport in frakfurt, and it flew into some random ass airport around london, which was another 20 euro bus to london. and we still had to take a train from france to frankfurt to begin with.

the train stations are in the middle of the cities, so if your train leaves paris at 2pm and gets to london at 7pm, you need to be at the paris train station at 1:55 and you will be on the streets of london at 7:05.

if you take ryan air, you will leave at 2pm to go 40 miles outside your city, wait in a long ass line, wait at the gait, finally fly to some place in the boonies, wait for the busses to go to the actual cities, and feel ripped off.

if you travel by train, you can drink cheap (yet still great) wine the whole time, and just get ripped.

eurail unlimited = no stress and direct travel