View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Learning a lesson in humility

Was playing in a live game one night had been gettin a little bored, one of those nights that you just dont get much to play.
Finally get KsKc on the small blind. I had been folding so much the whole table woke up when I raised. (hate when that happends).
So I bet all the way down to the river guy turns over Qh4h for 2 pair, I show my kings and chuckle that I lost to Q4. Dealer mucks my cards and starts to shuffel when the 9 seat says...wasnt there a pair on the board, I think the board was Q 4 7 5 7.
Then I thought about it and said ya know I think it was. I was too buisy cursing out the guy in my head that had Q4 that I didnt even realize I made Ks up on the river. well they ended up making the guy put the whole pot (bout $275) in a rack and called to floor to go look at the cameras.
I was so embarrased that I miss read my hand that I just sat there and almost felt bad for even taking the pot if the 9 seat was right. The floor came back bout 10 min later and said that the river WAS a 7 and I had won the pot.
Sure glad I showed the KK, and the dealer found me after her shift and appologized for missing it herself and mucking my cards before anyone noticed.....needless to say I try to pay more attention now.