View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Will the noise bother your roommate?

wacki,

ahhhh a post that I can actually help with. Having been a graduate student in statistics myself (U. Wisconsin grad 2002) I can tell you that these asian students often give off mixed signals that are not easy to understand. You have to remember that the asian students picked to come to the USA are the absolute crem de la crem and have spent their entire lives studying mathematics at a level that most americans will never even understand. This girl prolly has zero social skills and is just trying to be friendly. Seriously, she is prolly from Peking University (did you ask). These students study so hard and are so narrow in mathematics that they don't learn how to properly interact with people in a sociably acceptable way. She is probably trying to tell you that she is excited that you could be her american friend and mayyyybe boyfriend. Again, I would be very careful with this one. You want to spend more time around her before you draw any conclusions. And be sure that sticking it in her pooper is not going to happen and you prolly shouldnt want it to.

Indy