Thread: A turn check
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 01:20 AM

Default Re: A turn check

hi vehn
you missed a bet on the turn. it looks like he has KQs. usually vehn, when a player says he's making a loose call, it's a call with a second best made hand; one that he must call with because he hit his hand, but realizes that hitting his hand isn't what he wanted. belatedly here vehn. yea, say what you will, the opponent probably is thinking it'd been better off to miss his hand completely so he could fold, like when you hit top pair with QJs.

when an opponent says "i'm making a loose call.", he has a made hand, only it's forcing him to call against what he knows is a better hand. believe me vehn, he's not telling you that he's on a draw so please bet the turn too. he is also not telling you a total lie; as you sense there is truth in what he is saying. you know, he's not going to lie in front of everyone and show down the nuts, making himself the main target for the rest of the night. he's telling you that he has to call you down the whole way so if you're not sure that your top pair best kicker is leading, please don't bet into him to get the fold because, he says, "i'm calling you down the whole way." that's what 'i'm making a loose call' means. so bet into him strongly with any winner, and do check all draws because he will let a free one slide off.