View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Low winrate? Painful downswings? Then dont .....................

...uh...what?

First of all...
[ QUOTE ]
Im sure most players dont do this, they carry on playing 25-26 vpip which includes alot of marginal hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. More tables = naturally less vpip. You tend to play alot less marginal hands from the blinds because other stuff is going on, you steal with less marginal hands, your vpip goes down. Dont know where you heard this, but its wrong.

Second, what is your SD/100? Mine is 14. I bet yours is higher. So if each of us are going to have a down swing over the next 10k hands, you're going to be feeling that swing until the 10k hands are over. 2-tabling that could take weeks. Me? I do 10k hands in 3 and a half days. I'd already be working my way back from my swing before you've even finished with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also if more than 2 tabling you need more than a 600BB bankroll due to the higher swings

[/ QUOTE ]
You should know why this is wrong...

[ QUOTE ]
Not just playing the players by looking at there GameTime stats, but actually spotting and noting what hands they play and how they certain play hands.

This is not possible more than 2 tabling. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
Just because you cant get reads when playing more than 2 tables doesnt mean the rest of the world cant.

I am by no means an expert, and I have been running hot for my last 30k hands, but if you look around the forums, you can find a very healthy # of people who are pulling strong win rates from 4+ tables at a time over a long period.

2 tables might work better for you, but the tone of your post was way too universal and does not apply to a large group of people on these forums.

Though I agree with your 'not rushing up in limits too fast' arguement... so does 90% of the forums.

Sorry if i sounded standoffish, I get defensive when people make broad sweeping claims that indirectly tell me that im wrong.